Family Child Care Associations
Family child care providers are independent business owners out of their homes. Operating independently can result in feelings of isolation and frustration. By joining an association, providers find that they can work together on issues of concern and provide support for one another. Associations are often defined by location, and can be very structured or quite informal. Benefits of participating in an association can include:
- Preventing burnout – Peer interaction with providers supporting providers is the best way to prevent burnout.
- Professional growth – Providers can share marketing ideas and business techniques, pool resources, develop a parent-provider contract and trade program ideas.
- Individual support – Members are able to call each other and discuss situations only another provider would understand. Some associations publish a newsletter to keep members aware of local issues and community resources.
- Addressing local issues – Sometimes providers will organize to work on a problem in their area. They may wish to change zoning laws, increase services, help set local standards, or work for licensing changes.
- Training – A group of providers can take advantage of community resources to offer training to their members, increasing the quality of their care and professional image.
- Resource Sharing – Some associations purchase or receive grants for resources to share among members.
Professional Child Care Providers Network
Aldergate United Methodist Church
4055 N. Rockton Ave.
Rockford, IL 61103
Monthly, 2nd Tuesday
7:00 – 9:00 PM
Lisa: (815) 713-1916
Pat: (815) 874-5666
Stephenson County Family Child Care Association/ N.O.A.H – Network of Area Homes
Freeport Public Library
100 East Douglas St.
Freeport, IL 61032
Monthly, 3rd Thursday
6:30 – 7:30 PM
Michelle (815) 232-4006 or email: [email protected]
Boone County Family Child Care Association
Call for location
Monthly, 4th Thursday
6:30 – 8:30 PM
Dorothy (815) 547-0312
Touching The Lives of Children Association
Rockford Public Library
215 N. Wyman
Rockford, IL 61101
Monthly, 1st Thursday
6:00 – 8:00 PM
Jeanette (815) 262-6780 or email: [email protected]