Family Support Services
“Keep the Focus on Protecting Children by Strengthening and Supporting Families”
Family Advocacy Center (FAC) services are offered at La Voz Latina through intensive case management.
These services are designed to assist families who have had contact with Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS). Services are also open to those who are in crisis and have a child living in the home.
Some important points in order to receive services include:
- Families must be referred by DCFS and either accept the service or express a willingness to begin receiving services. Any family may be excluded based on non-cooperation of the parent(s).
- Families not involved with DCFS but are at risk of becoming involved can self-refer or be referred by another agency or organization.
- Services are available for families in Winnebago and Boone Counties
- Development of a Goal Oriented Family Action Plan
- Family Advocacy
- Parenting Classes
- Referral & Linkage to Services and Needed Resources
- Direct Client Assistance
- Crisis Intervention
- Follow-Up Services
- Prevent families from going into DCFS care
- Help families in DCFS care reunite as soon as possible
- Help families stay together