Every year La Voz Latina grants scholarships to assist local students with pursuing a higher education.
- Be of Hispanic descent
- Be a resident of Winnebago or Boone County
- Be an enrolled Senior at Winnebago or Boone County high school
- Have a minimum G.P.A. of 2.5 out of 4.0
- Fulfill all requirements of the application process
Criteria for award recipient selection
- Academic achievements which indicate a high potential for success in post secondary education
- Level of involvement in school and community activities.
- Completed description of projected financial needs as stated in part 2 of application.
- Strength of essay written for application.
- Demonstration of financial need.
- Submission of at least two letters of recommendation; one of which must be written by a teacher, school counselor or administrator.
- Classification as a graduating senior by the time award is granted, followed by enrollment at an accredited college or university.
- Each high school senior counselor is asked to help identify candidates for the award.
- It is recommended that candidates work closely with their school counselors while processing this application. A final signature from a high school counselor is required.
- All parts of the application must be typed. Handwritten applications will not be considered.
- Scholarship winners will be expected to submit a suitable photo, attend an award ceremony, and participate in one La Voz Latina youth project (4 hour commitment).
The scholarship committee will review all eligible applications. Candidates will be scored based on the quality of the overall application.
Applications are available each Spring.
Once available, applications can be obtained from our website, Facebook page, or your school counselor.