Rockford, IL—YWCA Northwestern Illinois has opened applications for its upcoming business development program. Diving Deeper: A Guided Business Plan is designed to help women of color overcome barriers to starting, growing and sustaining businesses while providing them with educational tools to increase their knowledge and confidence as entrepreneurs. It is a multi-week course based on the Guided Business Plan™ training series written by Melanie Rae. Diving Deeper provides Women Entrepreneurs the tools needed to help grow or launch their business and provides access to a step-by-step course led by a facilitator.
Diving Deeper is designed to:
- Establish and continue to support women in becoming entrepreneurs
- Incorporate wrap-around economic development services and increase the number of successful minority-women owned business
- Advocate and assist with the incubation of new business
The program includes:
- Help with marketing and business planning
- Training on budgeting and scaling business
- Personalized coaching and mentors
- Connections to vetted service providers and more
- Learn and train at the pace that’s perfect for you!
Applications are now closed. Deadline to apply is December 15, 2021. Classes start January 19, 2022.
For more information visit https://www.ywcanwil.org/diving-deeper/
YWCA Northwestern Illinois has provided women’s empowerment programming and advocacy since 1891. The organization now serves more than 12,000 women, children, and families each month supporting programming and services through child care subsidy, economic empowerment, quality child care access and improvement resources, YWCA La Voz Latina’s Hispanic and Latino community programming, family and child development, immigrant support, partner abuse intervention and racial justice work that promotes a clear commitment to equality. YWCA Northwestern Illinois delivers its mission, “eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all,” to women and families in the six-county area of Boone, Jo Daviess, McHenry, Ogle, Stephenson and Winnebago, Illinois.