La Voz Latina
La Voz Latina maintains a strong focus on helping Latino/Hispanic families achieve self-sufficiency and become active and productive members of our community.
La Voz Latina offers a wide variety of services and programs for the Latino community in the northwestern counties of Illinois. The department maintains a strong focus on education for youth and adults, health promotion and strong families.
- Adult Education: One on one parent coaching/mentoring, parenting classes, and educational workshops.
- Advocacy Services: Advocacy for at risk families and in crisis, Immigrant and refugee assistance, information, orientation and referral to services.
- Public Benefits: Assistance in obtaining public aid programs and services and case management services to provide follow-up after application is submitted; appeal cases when necessary (starting in February).
- Information and referral services: Connecting those needing additional assistance to social services, public benefits, immigration services, and any culturally sensitive and competent services available in the community.
- Case Management: Assisting families involved with the DCFS system reunify with their children, eliminate all factors of instability, become self-sufficient and connected to resources.
- Home Visiting to Teen Parents: helping young families eliminate at risk factors, continue their education, educate parents on child safety, health, and child development, prepare families for self-sufficiency, prepare baby for pre-school and kindergarten.
- Interpretation and Translation Services: Services to clinics, law firms, companies, and the court system.
- Language Proficiency Assessments: services for businesses and offices that want to determine what level of proficiency their bilingual employees have.
- Community Service: health and job fairs, participation in cultural events, and community committees and initiatives.